Well, it is Thanksgiving again…. Can’t believe how fast time is going. Crazy. Every Thanksgiving I like to write a little blog about things that I am thankful for. This year there is so much, that I may run out of time before I have to quickly shower, make myself presentable, and head over to Jen and Marks for Thanksgiving Dinner.
So, where should I start? I am just going to write down what comes to my mind, so I am writing in no particular order at all!
I am thankful for:
- All of the wonderful people that we have met through Octopus Diving, who continue to be the best part of owning a diving center in the Caribbean.
- My beautiful husband who puts up with all my lovely quirks (for example sudden lapses in memory, or the habit of throwing my clothes on the floor at the end of the day, or the fact that I really don’t like to cook 🙂 )
- The whole Octopus Team, who without we would be lost. So, this includes Super Stuart and Lovely Laura. It also includes our two new Divemaster interns Mike and Michelle (who are doing a fantastic job so far). It also includes Mark and Jenn, our longest running Divemaster interns ever (going on over 12 months now)! Who we are so grateful that they have made St. Martin their home. Of course, it includes Lil Rog who isn’t so little anymore, and Chris – the dreamer behind the whole operation.
- The Grand Case community, who always seems to come together in times of crises. Like hurricanes, or floods, or injured instructors…. 🙂
- My amazing mom and dad, who so diligently read this blog and who let me publicly ridicule them on line, at least once a week in this blog.
- My Nanna, who is 95 years young and is visiting St. Martin on the 3rd of December.
- Rich Stevenson from Plymouth, who is currently teaching Stu and Chris their Advanced Nitrox Instructor Course. I am not only thankful for him being here because of the work that he is doing, but also because he is so great at taking the mickey out of Stuart… and that means that Stuart can’t take the mickey out of me!!
- The awesome dive that I had this morning with Chloe, Phoebe, Kyle, Dawn, Jeff and Henson!
- The fact that I get to live the dream life and do what I love everyday, with someone that I love, and although it is hard work everyday, it is worth it!
Well, that is all for now. I hope you all aren’t vomiting over all the mushiness.
Happy Turkey Day everyone!
(Sally wrote this blog 🙂 )